Wednesday, March 17, 2021

Portfolio Project Blog Post #15

 Who is this film for? Who is our audience?

    Personally, the topic and storyline for our film are something I would personally LOVE. I have always been a big fan of action films with some terror. Films that consist of pandemics, crime, and global crises are something I am a huge fan of. 
    However, me still being a teenager, I have a bit of a soft spot for cheesy romantic storylines and corny chick flicks. I feel like our film combines both of these things. Chick-flicks and romantic films can be really boring sometimes... SOMETIMES (in no way am I referring to the classic, iconic romantic films)! But when you add in the action element, they can go from average to SUPER interesting. 
    Anyway, Ana and I have been recently discussing our target audience. We know that we are super proud of our storyline but we needed to discuss, realistically, which age group and/or gender group would be more drawn to it as well.



    In this graph, you can see the age group that mostly views romance films are between the ages of 45+. These statistics actually really surprised me the more research I did only because I thought it would have a much larger younger target audience if anything. However, the age group of 15-24 is the runner-up in this graph. We still want to aim our film towards that age group of 15-24 anyway.



            To further our research, Ana and I decided to individually research on gender. We both had the feeling and prediction that women would be the gender that watches more romance films. Turns out, we were correct. This helped us conclude that our target audience is females from the ages 15-24.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Portfolio Project Blog Post #19

 CCR Youtube Link     This is both a happy and sad post. It's a sad farewell to the amazing journey making this project has been. But al...