Friday, February 19, 2021

Portfolio Project Blog Post #3

 Our Final Decision...

    After contemplating back and forth for a while and many discussions about our film opening, Ana and I  have FINALLY decided that we will be sticking to the romance genre. Ana and I have both done our own independent research when it comes to the romance genre that are both previous posts we have on our blogs with examples.

Ana's romance post: https://anahandalmedia.blogspot.com/2020/11/romance-genre.html

My romance post:  https://camiilablogger.blogspot.com/2020/11/genre-research-activity.html 

    Our next move is finding our storyline. I have mentioned in my previous posts that I wanted to incorporate a dystopian society as one of my elements in our film as far as the environment of the characters goes. I want to be able to still give a creepier, terror feel without taking away from the romance focus of our film. We have thought about different situations we can use as the focus. For example, a pandemic, a district division; like The Hunger Games, or some type of war or battle. I want to create a background setting that provides difficult circumstances within our romance. For example, when researching, I used The Notebook as one of my examples. 

    The Notebook has a romance focus but the background history of the 1940s and the social class and stereotypes of that decade when they fell in love in. Struggles followed them and tragically forced them apart. I would like to include a similar type of separation or division within the love interests in my film. 


        Although we are doing a romance film, the action movie Only is a great example of the division between the two love interests. A virus pandemic broke out globally where only women could be infected. The couple decided they would rather hide and disguise the female interest as a male in order to survive as the government decided to eliminate all women. If we use a pandemic, this film is a perfect inspiration as far as incorporating that same action and terror feel to the film.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Portfolio Project Blog Post #19

 CCR Youtube Link     This is both a happy and sad post. It's a sad farewell to the amazing journey making this project has been. But al...